Do you own a lethargic dog who barks a lot and doesn't obey you?
If you're looking for the best dog training tips, read on.
There are many dog training methods out there that you can implement depending on your goals or what you want to achieve.
If you want to control your dog in public spaces such as parks and streets, then your dog needs to undergo dog leash training. This kind of dog obedience training scheme is highly recommended for all dog trainers.
Here are a few best dog training tips for you:
1. Positive reinforcement matters a lot. It's easier to train a dog if you do it in a positive manner rather than in a strict and punishment-based way. Reward your dog when necessary.
2. Patience is a virtue in any dog training method. Dogs, like humans, have different learning abilities. You must be able to adapt to your dog's learning pace. Some dogs tend to pick up commands than the others. If your dog is a slow-learner, you need to allot more time and attention for him to understand everything. Never rush things!
3. Choose a training method that has worked to you before or someone you know. Consider the breed too for it is a also a big factor to consider in training.
4. All dog's behavior problems are acquired. Start training your dog when he's just a puppy. Most bad habits such as excessive barking, chewing and jumping can be controlled and stopped with a little foresight and consistent training.
5. The best dog training method must be a fun activity. Make your training session as lively as possible. Allot a schedule everyday for you and your dog to bond and play. Training your dog for 20-30 minutes will be good enough.
6. To further help you in training your dog, you can use training aids such as training collar system, remote trainer and many others. Make sure that every gadget you're using is proven to be safe and effective and is applicable to the age and size of your dog.
Pet Article courtesy of http://pet-articles.blogspot.com.